The Thabas have come up with a thirteen (13) weeks family building in Botswana program which is also captured through their BTV Show, “Talking with the Thabas”.
The family unit is in trouble in Botswana. Many families go through several challenges such as infidelity, GBV, parenting issues, financial issues, divorce, etc. We believe that people perish because of lack of knowledge (Hosea 6:4) and also a lack of a personal relationship with God (John 3:16).
To that end, the Thabas created the show Talking with the Thabas to empower, encourage and support families and the community at large by offering practical tips to what a Christ centred marriage can look like.
The show has been so well received in its Season 1 airing that Botswana Television (BTV) rerunning the entire Season 1 from Sunday, 24th May 2020 for 13 weeks. We praise God!
How (The Process)
• Engage churches and communities across Botswana to encourage their people to watch the show each Sunday on BTV or buy Episodes at https://www.ashleythaba.com/tv for those without BTV.
• Immediately following the show or on a set day during the week, people would meet in small groups to discuss the topic that was presented on TV. These groups can be church, community or a combination. The groups can “meet” via WhatsApp, Zoom, and Facebook or in each other’s homes when COVID-19 regulations are relaxed. GO TO FACEBOOK: TALKING WITH THE THABAS to find a group near you.
• Download free questions that go along with the Episodes to stimulate productive group discussions centred around issues raised in the show at https://www.ashleythaba.com/tv
• A Marriage workbook written to compliment the weekly Episodes can be purchased from https://ashleythaba.com/books for about P40.00 for groups desiring a more in-depth study during the weekly small group meetings. If you have problems downloading, please contact 74008008.
What (The Result)
• To unite the church and our communities across denominations in an intentional 13 weeks of Family Building to strengthen families nationwide.
• To get Christians to talk more openly about issues that are normally hidden in an effort to equip them to have Christ-like families that bring glory to God and are exemplary.
• At the end of the 13 weeks each family that participated will have a testimony of what God has done for their marriage as a result of the campaign.
• Each family that participated is challenged to commit to mentoring a younger couple for at least 6 consecutive weeks after the 13 weeks of the TV show to pour into our youth.
Who (The Helpers & the Reached)
• Our Church and Community leaders across the country are to mobilize their churches and communities into small groups that can meet weekly to debrief the issues raised in that week’s TV show.
• Everyone who is married, preparing for marriage or considering marriage (All people 18 & above).
• Every Sunday at 7:30pm from Sunday, 24th May 2020 – Sunday, 16th August 2020
• Each group will decide the mode, date & time of meeting to discuss that week’s episode.
*Co-Producer and Co-Author of the TV Show and Marriage Workbook