COVID-19 IN BOTSWANA
. Key Information for Travelers to Botswana
. Avoid travel to Botswana.
If you must travel to Botswana, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel.Because of the current situation in Botswana, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.See recommendations for fully vaccinated travelers.
See recommendations for unvaccinated travelers.
Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in Botswana, including wearing a mask and staying 6 feet apart from others.Quick guide for travelers.
Level 4: Very High
Level 3: High
Level 2: Moderate
Level 1: Low
See all COVID-19 travel notices. Travel Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized by emergency use by the World Health Organization:
. You do NOT have to get tested before leaving the United States, unless your destination requires it.
. You do NOT have to self-quarantine after you arrive in the United States.Before travel:
. Make sure you understand and follow all airline and destination requirements related to travel, testing, masking, or quarantine, which may differ from U.S. requirements. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and may be required to return to the United States.
– Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
– Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like a ferry or top deck of a bus).
– Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in Botswana, including mask wearing and social distancing.
– Before you travel to the United States by airAll air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
– You should get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.- Do NOT travel if were exposed to COVID-19, you are sick, you test positive for COVID-19, or you are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test. Learn when it is safe for you to travel. Don’t travel with someone who is sick.