1. We refer to captioned matter
2. The Federation has received complaints from workers at Ericsson Botswana regarding the on-going untidy, unprocedural and unethical retrenchment of workers at the company.
3. The workers through their Committee tried on salary occasions to engage management on the issue particularly with regard to retrenchment package and validity of retrenchment itself, the Management have ignored such efforts, and the company has also refused to disclose information on financial performance which was requested for substantiation of reasons of retrenchment.
4. The Federation has since requested for a meeting with Management of Ericsson on
Thursday 28th May 2020, 2 p.m, for purpose of discussing this important matter.
4.2 Further, BOFEPUSU has reported Ericsson Botswana to the Commissioner of Labour for inspection of their state of Labour relations.
5. The Federation is highly concerned with increasing number of retrenchment in the Country, most of which are reckless and not genuine, and the whole problem is that workers are thrown to unemployment and poverty.
6. BOFEPUSU to call on Government through the Ministry of Employment Productivity and Skills Development to protect workers by dealing with pitiless Companies which engage in unfair labour practices.
Deputy Secretary General