Without a doubt, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on our health and economy. As a ‘connector of positive change’ and a committed corporate citizen, Bank Gaborone believes it is imperative that we contribute towards the Government’s efforts in fighting the pandemic.
To assist in the mitigation of the adverse impact that COVID-19 is having on the people of Botswana, Bank Gaborone, a member of the Capricorn Group, will donate a total of P472,000 to the National COVID-19 Relief Fund and community efforts aimed at the most vulnerable of our society. Bank Gaborone’s Managing Director, Mr. Sybrand Coetzee also highlighted that, since the commencement of the lockdown, there have been reports of increased cases of gender-based violence (GBV) and as such the Bank will also offer support to the Kagisano Society Women Shelter Project.
Bank Gaborone is committing the P472,000 as follows:
• P400,000 towards the National COVID-19 Relief Fund,
• P50,000 towards the purchase of furniture, food and various supplies identified by Kagisano Society Women Shelter Project,
• P22,000 towards a COVID-19 health educational show (radio). The health and safety of our employees and clients remain a key focus and some of the measures we have taken include:
• Regular disinfection of Bank Gaborone’s branches to ensure a safe environment for customers to access Banking services,
• Provision of sanitizers to all staff and in addition, distribution of masks and gloves to all branch staff who work on the front-line,
• Provision of medical screening for all employees while ensuring only essential service workers are available to serve Bank Gaborone customers,
• Putting in place a robust post-lockdown plan to ensure continued compliance with safety and health guidelines
We continue to provide uninterrupted services to customers through our Tobetsa mobile banking platform, e-Pula online banking and our countrywide network of branches. In a further effort to help our clients, the Bank is providing free banking on all its digital banking channels for the month of April as well as a 25% discount on digital banking fees for the months of May and June. Bank Gaborone also remains committed to assisting its Commercial and Corporate clients with innovative cash-flow relief solutions and we would like to urge our customers to contact their relationship managers or nearest branch in this regard.
Mr. Sybrand Coetzee further indicated that Bank Gaborone will continue to reflect on the long-term effects of the pandemic beyond the immediate operating environment and lend its support wherever possible. We would like to encourage members of the public who wish to make a donation to the COVID-19 relief fund to deposit their contributions into the Bank Gaborone COVID-19 Account;
Account name: Covid-19 (Corona Virus) Relief Fund Branch name:
Mall Branch Code: 200667 Account
Swift Code: BGLIBWGX
Let us all play our part in curbing the spread of COVID-19, because we are stronger as one.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.